The Friends of the Franklin County Public Library is a non-profit organization. We were incorportated in 2000 and work to promote the sense of community and learning initiated by programs and services offered by the Franklin County Public Library; programs that are free to everyone. The Friends promote library activities at community events and provide volunteer workers for special library programs. The Friends engage in fund raising so that we can help financially with library programs and purchase equipment that the library budget doesn't cover.
What We Do
- Promote the Franklin County Library at Community Events.
- Publish the .
- Sponsor the annual scholastic book fair.
- Fund special events at the library.
- Support youth reading programs.
- Fundraise: In addition to membership dues, we hold a monthly book sale in the second floor storage area of the Main Library.
- Other projects include the sale of book bags.
- Provide refreshments for special library events.
- Volunteer at the library.
How Funds are used
- We sponsor many special library events such as: classical guitarist Carl Berger, the Robeys, C Shells (a children's musical group) and Stevens Puppets.
- Support for the youth library projects.
- Purchase equipment and materials for the library that the library budget does not provide.
- Donations to the Friends are tax deductible.
The Board of Directors of the Friends of the Library meets nine times a year, always on the second Friday of the month, and takes a summer recess. Meetings at 1:00 PM and rotate between the Franklin County Library in Rocky Mount and the Westlake Library in Hardy.
Contact the Friends
Dot Crosson DotMikeVa@aol.com
If you have any questions, feel free to email us